Monday, October 03, 2016

It's October At Self Help Radio!

(I found that image here.)

Happy October!  Almost everywhere north of here, leaves are changing, temperatures are dropping, & pumpkins are patching!

In Fort Worth, temperatures are dropping a little, which is encouraging some folks to put all kinds of gourds on their porches & doorsteps.  But what does that mean for Self Help Radio?

Frankly, it's more of the same, but here's a brief preview of what your Self Help Radio October will be like.

This week, of course, we have a show about bosses, & not, sadly, about the television show Who's The Boss?  I'll obviously talk more about this tomorrow & the next day as is my wont.  Also, I just want to say "Tony Danza."

Next week is the show's 14th Anniversary!  The show first went on the air in Austin, Texas, on October 9, 2002, with the theme "The War Show."  Every year since maybe the fifth or sixth anniversary, I've used the anniversary to revisit an old theme, update it, maybe add to it.  This year I'm actually going to revisit a theme that never made it to air - which is a story to look forward to next week!

The third week of the month will find me wistful & sentimental, as I do a show about the past.  I'm full of regrets but I've already done a show about regrets, & anyway, we all get older, we're always looking back instead of living in the moment or planning ahead.  I will just be leaning into that storm.

& the last week of the month is the show before Halloween, so there'll naturally be a Self Help Radio show about a Halloweeny topic.  This year, the show is about death.  That's pretty scary, & perhaps made more scary because the previous week we'll have been meditating about the past & naturally we'll be more sensitive about things & hopefully it'll scare the bejeezus out of you.

This is the time to remind you that if you have an idea for a show, or for a song that might fit the themes, or just want to write to the show because you think it's a good listener, there's an email address, gary@selfhelpradio.net.

It's nice to get mail.  & have a happy month!

No comments: