Wednesday, May 03, 2017

Whither Turn It?

(There's a record label called "Turn It" & this is their logo.  Their Twitter feed is where I found it.)

As I might have mentioned on this blog, I went away for a few days.  I suppose I could have just taken the week off, reran an old show, or asked someone else to sub the show, because I knew I wouldn't have the time to work on the show that I usually take.  It may not be obvious to you, because the show usually turns out quite pitiful, but I do spend a long time listening to lots of music, editing interviews, making what I ironically call "funnies," stuff like that.  Things I would not be able to do if I were in another city in another state for four days, which I was.

But I'm back now, & the show's tonight, & I thought it should be at the very least listenable (sometimes a high bar for SHR) & I thought it would be fun to feature songs that feature the words "turn it" in some capacity: turn it on, turn it off, turn it up, turn it down, turn it around, turn it any & every way.  There were some very good songs & so the show is a little bit of me yammering & a lot of songs telling you how you can turn it.  I think it'll be fine.  I hope it'll be fine.  Okay now I'm not so sure.  Damn it.

The show is on tonight on 93.9 fm WLXU in Lexington, & online at LCR online - just make sure you choose "WLXU." It's on from 8-10pm central, 9-11pm eastern.  You can turn it off at anytime, just make sure that you turn it on at least once.

No comments: