Oh golly I just a very long blog post describing in terrible detail the process I use to record & submit my shows & I don't even know why. Even if years later, long after I've stopped doing Self Help Radio, I wanted some reminder of the trouble I went through to prerecord the show while I was in Texas & the show was on in Kentucky, I'm not sure I would've wanted or needed the level of description I was giving it. What the hell is wrong with me?
Here are some facts about tomorrow's show that I wanted to share:
1) Because the station is closed for the holidays, I had to prerecord & turn it in early.
2) I usually turn in my shows the day before. For example, the Christmas show, which aired last Wednesday, was sent to the station's Program Manager on Tuesday.
3) Because the station closed this week, I turned this week's show in on Thursday.
4) I have almost no memory of making the show, which is a little freaky.
5) I hope it's good?
There are other things I mentioned as well, like:
6) I miss doing the show live.
7) Because I did a show this morning on KNON. I subbed for Nil on the Tuesday Morning Blend.
8) In general, my sub shows don't make it to my website, but if you want to hear it, you can go here. It'll be there for the next couple of weeks.
9) Another reason to miss doing the show live is that I am also doing one more night at KVRX down in Austin.
10) Instead of just a random show, & so as not to make more work for myself, I will be repeating two Self Help Radios from this year.
11) Except, unlike the shows which are on the website, these will be live.
Yeah, so I miss doing live radio. That probably won't change until I can do Self Help Radio live. Which probably won't happen in the near or even the medium far away future.
Anyway, that was the gist of the much, much longer post I deleted. I wonder how this week's show will turn out...