Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Preface To Indiepop A To Z # 57: Nothing About Indiepop A To Z # 57

This is something I think about doing for/to this blog, for no real reason, except to highlight that I'm usually without any content but I keep writing anyway: I just want to crib a Wikipedia page & paste it onto the blog.

How would that work?  I wouldn't try to reformat the blog or anything, that would be too hard.  Mainly I suppose I would cut & paste, like so:

Mantovani

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigationJump to search
Mantovani
Annunzio Paolo Mantovani (1970).jpg
Mantovani in 1970
Background information
Birth nameAnnunzio Paolo Mantovani
Also known asTulio Trapani
Born15 November 1905
VeniceVeneto, Italy
Died29 March 1980 (aged 74)
Tunbridge WellsKent, England
GenresLight music
Occupation(s)conductor
composer
light entertainer
Years active1939–1980
Associated actsDavid Whitfield
Annunzio Paolo Mantovani (Italian pronunciation: [anˈnuntsjo ˈpaːolo mantoˈvaːni]) (15 November 1905 – 29 March 1980),[1] known mononymously as Mantovani, was an Anglo-Italian conductorcomposer and light orchestra-styled entertainer with a cascading strings musical signature. The book British Hit Singles & Albums states that he was "Britain's most successful album act before the Beatles...the first act to sell over one million stereo albums and [have] six albums simultaneously in the US Top 30 in














Holy shit, that's not bad. I wonder if the links work, too.

The only bad thing that I've noticed which I don't care much about is that the spacing seems off. Suddenly it's like double-spaced or one&ahalf-spaced or something, & I don't much care for that. Also, I don't know how to fix it.

Anyway, I've thought about doing that from time-to-time.  Now that I've done it, it doesn't seem all that fun or interesting.  But at least I did it!

No comments: