Monday, July 04, 2022

Whither Kindness?

(image from here)

Tonight's show is not about the fourth of July, or independence, or signing things, or fireworks, or other related concepts.  That's mainly because tonight's show starts at midnight, which is not the fourth of July but the fifth of July, so not a holiday.  Anyway, I've only done a couple of fourth of July themed shows & my heart isn't always in it.  Especially not this year.  It's weird to celebrate freedom in a country where freedom is dying in droves.

But why a show about kindness?  I have to confess, I thought I didn't know - but I think I might know - but I hesitate to say because it might be presumptuous.  My original assumption is that I was listening to the cool Strum & Thrum collection of 1980s American jangle pop, & especially a song called "She Was Unkind."  Which I'll definitely play tonight.  Which also means I'll be working backward from unkindness to kindness. Which is pretty much how my brain works, to be honest.

However, I suspect something subconsciously affected the decision.  I'll have to think about it.  If I say it now & it's wrong, I'll be embarrassed. & if you've heard my show, you'll know I have a lot to embarrassed about already.  Too much, actually.  It's a wonder I ever show my face on the radio.

That's tonight, while fireworks are scaring your pets, from midnight to 3am on 90.7fm & online at kboo.fm.  It would be a kindness if you listened.

No comments: