When I confessed a couple days ago that I had never eaten seaweed, I didn't know that I actually had, & had seaweed in the house, like the sheet above which I unceremoniously stamped with the Self Help Radio logo. & though I have never had sushi with animal products in it, my wife has reminded me that vegan sushi places use nori which is of course seaweed. & I've eaten lots of nori. Oops.
Luckily I made a show that celebrates all kinds of seaweed so I don't seem like a hater.
You can listen to it now & whenever at both the KBOO website & the Self Help Radio website. Most everything that happened on the show is below. & that's all I really have to say about it!
Self Help Radio Seaweed Show
"Seaweed" Freddy Mitchell _Destination Beach (30 Tunes For Dancing In The Sand)_
"Seaweed" Quincy Jones _Golden Boy_
"Seaweed" Tipsy _Uh-Oh!_
introduction & definitions
"The Seaweed Song" Bob Pyle _Apples & Oranges_
"Seaweed" Fruit Bats _Mouthfuls_
"Seaweed Jam" Sarah Pirtle _Two Hands Hold The Earth_
"Dúlamán" Clannad _Dúlamán_
"Les Goémons" Serge Gainsbourg _Les Goémons_
interview with seaweed recorded Robert Wooder
"Just Another Seaweed" Millie Esperson _The Soul Of Texas Blues Women_
"Seaweed Avenue" Moon Williams _Sticks & Stones_
"Seaweed" Saul Williams _Saul Williams_
"In A Kelp Bed" Babyfat _Dragons Go Away_
"Seaweed" Cinnamon _Summer Meditation_
interview with spectral presence Eva
"Seaweed Shovelling Song" Mike Scott _Lion Of Love_
"Seaweed" Bilders _Cut_
"Seaweed" House Of Large Sizes _House Of Large Sizes_
"Cape Of Seaweed" The Shadow Ring _City Lights_
"Seaweed" Mount Eerie _A Crow Looked At Me_
interview with writer Gustav Bright
"Seaweedhead" Katie Lass _Hypnopomp_
"Seaweed" Hockey Dad _Dreamin'_
"Teen Dreams Of Seaweed" Tannhauser Orchestra _Low Tide_
"Seaweed" Please _1968-1969_
"Seaweed In Gears" Digital Leather _The Death Of Real_
conclusion & goodbye
"The Seaweed" Suckdog _Little Flowers Dying_
"Seaweed Men Stomp" Washington Dead Cats _Go Loco! Or Gore Away!_
"The Seaweed Song" Gnarly Love _The Long & Gnarly Road_

No comments:
Post a Comment