Thursday, July 19, 2012

Down The Road Apiece

I'm not going to say anything about my dumb Twitter account, which is @SelfHelpRadio.  I don't spend enough time on the Twitter to actually make connections & don't feel nearly witty enough to compose memorable tweets day in & day out.  & I never did that "I am at the donut shop with Bob!" sort of Facebook update, so why would I do it on the Twitter?

I am going to say that my wife has returned from five weeks in Costa Rica where, hanging around with howler & capuchin monkeys, she was attempting to find better company than myself & our six dogs & cats.  The fact that she returned makes me wonder if she were hanging out with the wrong kind of capuchin & howler monkeys.  Surely our beagles & kittens are less interesting than such creatures!

Speaking of, I don't think I mentioned that the past five weeks I've been living the bachelor life, as my wife was in a foreign country.  It's because I don't really talk about such things.  It has nothing to do with a radio show, but even more than that, I don't think anyone cares much what I'm doing day-to-day.  Seriously, it's hard enough to convince people to care about the radio show that takes up all of my time.

I'm rambling, I have nothing of value to say.  There are two radio-show-related things to mention, though.  One is that this October - which is of course three months away but sure, I'm trying to plan ahead - is the tenth anniversary of Self Help Radio.  Last year I celebrated the ninth anniversary with tee shirts - this year I think I'll make some Self Help Radio coffee mugs.  Well, not make.  Have made.  You know what I mean.

The other is that, on Saturday, I'll post my 1400th post on this blog.  I know.  Insert joke here about how someone who has nothing to say has said so much.  Is there something special I can do for the fourteen hundredth post?  I mean, I'm driving to Nashville to see Marc Maron.  I may make him lemon bars.  Other that that, though - what can I do for you?

No comments: