Monday, December 22, 2014

I'm Dreaming Of A Zen Christmas

I think it's because Lexington, like Austin when I was there (who knows what it's like now), is a college town, the place just seems to depopulate when the students at the university go away.  I just went for a walk with the hounds &, except for main roads, the place seems deserted.  I fucking love that.

But I might be fooling myself about Austin.  Since I worked at the University of Texas, which is larger than most of the towns its students come from, I'd enjoy walking through the large, deserted campus at this time of year.  I guess I didn't get out much otherwise.

As we edge slowly toward the Christmas holiday, I look forward to wrangling my dogs on quiet walks through a ghost town (or a reasonable facsimile).

Except.  Oh no!  It's supposed to rain all day tomorrow.  & the next day.  & snow on Christmas Day?!?

I guess I'll not find enlightenment this week.

No comments: