Tuesday, December 23, 2014

On The Fifteenth Day Of Christmas...

I don't have much to say today because I did my Christmas show last week & nothing I say here about Christmas therefore has anything to do with my show this week.

(In fact, if you're interested, I am putting up videos for bands that will appear on my show this week on my Facebook page, if want a little preview.  While you're there, you can "like" the page & make me a happy fellow for a short period of time.)

(My Twitter page would also like your likes - or follows, or whatever - while I keep putting up dumb photographs I have taken on my Tumblr page.)

(Someone asked me why I don't just do that on an Instagram page but really one has to draw a line somewhere, doesn't one?)

(& no one has to like or follow or approve or rubber stamp or whatever any of those pages to see anything.  I am not an owner of exclusive content.)

I am doing a late-night radio show tonight/tomorrow morning from 2-5am on WRFL if you're up wrapping or drinking or even if you're not up I was going to add if you want to listen but the truth is I'll do it even if you're not listening because I am like that dumb tree falling in the forest more often than not.  No one listens, I still play music on the radio.

I am alone this Christmas (as alone as a fellow with three beagles & four cats can be) though the wife keeps in touch with me by the text messaging while she navigates Christmas with her family.  For a while I was watching a neighbor's dog, which required me to do an extra 1/3 walk a day, but a neighbor of the neighbor has taken over the task, which is good - it's been raining all day & I assume it'll rain all night.  I couldn't walk my dogs but I'd feel obligated to walk the lonely dog.

I think I like doing late night radio shows for the same reason I like when the town empties for the holidays (as I spoke about yesterday).  It's just me, pretending someone's listening, & quiet streets to & from the radio station.

Also, I made myself Thai mac & cheese tonight (it has no cheese, it's vegan) & I've decided I like it better than macaroni with real cheese.  Granted, I haven't had macaroni with real cheese in probably five years but this stuff I made tonight, it was great.

In my head, I can hear my lovely wife saying what she says in ridiculous moments like this: "It's a Christmas miracle!"

No comments: