Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Whither Smash?

(Image from this Norwegian website.)

Smash! is apparently a Norwegian junk food candy treat.  Google Translate helped me identify its charm:

Sweet, salty, & airy crazy! Smash! combines the best of two worlds. Salty & airy crispy snacks pieces covered with chocolate providing a unique &exciting dining experience. It would be to eat just one!

Oh I'm sure it would be.  Tonight's Self Help Radio, interestingly enough, is also "sweet, salty, & airy crazy."  Not necessarily in that order.

Why is the theme "smash"?  Who knows?  What I do know is that there are far fewer songs about smashing things than I had originally anticipated.  Plenty for the show, but, I mean, after the ferris wheel show, I was expecting an embarrassment of abundance.

The show, which tonight will be entirely in Norwegian (that's not true) is on from 8-10pm central, 9-11pm eastern on WLXU which is at 93.9 fm in Lexington & online at Lexington community radio dot org everywhere else, even Norway.  & it may be smashing, in one sense or the other.  No promises.

Or, as they say in Norway, Ingen løfter!

No comments: