Thursday, March 23, 2017

Self Help Radio 032217: Smash

(Original image here.)

Another show in the can.  Was it smashing?  How would I know?  There are actors who never see their finished films - Vincent D'Onifrio on Twitter says he doesn't enjoy it, & only sees them if he's forced to go to a premiere.  As time has gone by, I feel the same way about my radio shows.  My biggest problem right now is that I like to live-tweet the shows, & to do so - since the show is prerecorded - I have to listen to it.

& inevitably I think the show's a mess.  But here's the thing: I don't think I can listen closely enough to decide how to improve it.  In fact, I put it out of my mind.  I basically try to do the best I can while I'm doing the show, & then let it go.  Is that the right way to do it?  I don't know, but as time goes by, it seems like the only way I know how to do it.

With that preamble, here's the smash show.  I didn't enjoy listening to it much (well, I liked all the music & I liked the interviews with the funny people who aren't me) but maybe you'll have a better experience.  It's now available for listening at Self Help Radio on the web & the smashing smash songs I played are below.

(part one)

"Smash" The Baskervilles _Twilight_
"Smashed & Blocked" Terry Tonik _This Is Mod, Vol. 2: More Rarities 1979-1981_
"Smash It To Pieces" Cats On Fire _All Blackshirts To Me_

"Smashed (Live)" Mose Allison _Allison Wonderland: The Mose Allison Anthology_
"Smashing Of The Van" Chumbawumba _English Rebel Songs: 1381-1914_
"Smashing Time" Television Personalities _Smashing Time_
"We Had A Really Smashing Time" The Hangovers _Slow Dirty Tears_

"Smash It Up" The Damned _The Chiswick Story_
"Smash You" The Ramones _Too Tough To Die_
"Vision Smashed" Rejects _Messthetics Greatest Hits: The Sounds Of UK D.I.Y. 1977-1980_
"Smash It In Kick It On" Unisex _A Double Agent Compilation_

"Smash Hit Wonder" The King Of Luxembourg _Royal Bastard_
"Smash Hit" The Dining Room Set _Cafe Bleu_

(part two)

"Fish Cakes" Bauhaus _Mask_
"Smash" Calexico _Garden Ruin_
"Smash Palace" Breathless _Chasing Promises_

"Smash The System" Luke Haines _Smash The System_
"Smash The Beauty Machine" Future Bible Heroes _Eternal Youth_
"Smash Your Heart" Cat Stevens _New Masters_
"Smash This World" Papas Fritas _Papas Fritas_

"Smashed Blocked" John's Children _The Legendary Orgasm Album_
"Windshield Smasher" Black Moth Super Rainbow _Cobra Juicy_
"Smash" Wire _Red Barked Tree_
"Smashed Princess" David J _Urban Urbane_

"Smashed" C/A/T _Endzeit Bunkertracks [Act II]_

No comments: