Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Whither Bars?

(A famous television bar.  Image from here.)

Honestly I do wish I spent more time in bars.  I wish I knew a bunch of people who were regulars & I was a regular & I had a tab & when I walked in people were glad to see me & the bartender knew what I wanted to drink.  That's not something that's ever happened to me.

In fact, I kind of hate the whole business model of bars - it's expensive to drink in bars when you compare with buying the booze yourself & enjoying it at home.  I'm not a cheapskate or anything but that's always bugged me - but only because I never had the other benefits of a bar, the friends, the camaraderie, the feeling of belonging.  I should understand I'm paying for more than a drink.

Having said all that, I think this will be a good episode.  I have a fondness for bars because I do like drinking & I do like seeing live music.  I think you will enjoy the show, & maybe you'll even hear it in a bar.  But.  Probably not.

The show's on tonight from 9-11pm eastern, 8-10pm central, on WLXU, 93.9 fm.  It's also online at the Lexington Community Radio page.

Dude!  There's no cover charge!  No one's gonna check your ID!  Just go right in!

No comments: