Monday, May 29, 2017

Blow-By-Blow Play-By-Play

What am I doing? Editing the interviews that will appear on the show this week.  What?  You thought they were live?  I haven't been hiding anything!

They're pretty funny this week but I had such a good time with them & so they are long, long, looooooonnng.  That makes them hard to edit, because I don't want to cut out too much hilarity.  Usually my solution to this is quite simply to cut out as much of me as possible, so that's been the plan.  Just know that when you hear something that sounds like it might have been expanded upon, it might have been - it just didn't fit into the allotted time.

Really though I very much enjoy this process - so much so that I wish I could do it for more things.  Like, there's been talk by the person who plays my spiritual mentor the Rev. Dr. Howard Gently of having the "good" "doctor" branch out into his own podcast.  I would love to be involved with that - especially editing it.  I would not be creating any content - perhaps playing the naïve soul around the doc as I do on the radio - but I'd be glad to do with that what I do with my show.

It's like a variation on that Smiths line - "& when you want to live, where do you start, where do you go, who do you need to know?"  Perhaps I should make more friends, then make them start podcasts, & then offer to edit the podcasts for them.  It seems like so much work to get so much work, though.

Between you & me, I've thought about making a kind of podcast of stuff that I find that's not music related, to be around thirty minutes each, featuring me talking & samples & other things, but I am always less motivated to do something for me than if it's something for someone else.  If Self Help Radio didn't air weekly, I'd probably never get around to it.

Okay, thanks for taking this break with me.  Back to the editing process!

No comments: