Sunday, January 07, 2018

Prospects, Part IV

(This is an image of Prospect Park in Brooklyn, from here.  It has nothing to do with this blog post.)

Previously in this blog - here, here, & here - I detailed my attempts to find a home for Self Help Radio in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex.  I've lived here for about a year & a half, & I must say never has it been so difficult for me to find a place for the ridiculous radio show that I am attached to, & the truth is, I have been resigned to doing it on WLXU until such time as they tire of it.  (I hope that isn't any time soon!)

But there has been a development!  It's not that Self Help Radio has found a home on the Dallas airwaves, but rather, that I will be doing live radio in Dallas.  I have been chosen to helm the Wednesday Morning Blend on KNON starting this Wednesday, January 10th.

The idea behind the various Morning Blends is that it's a showcase - a blend, if you will - of all the different sounds you'd hear on KNON during the day & week.  If you've listened to Self Help Radio, you know I'm all right about playing different genres, so this should be a good fit for me.  But never underestimate my ability to screw things up!

But for now, I'm glad to have a chance to be on the radio in the city & I'm ecstatic it's on KNON, a legendary community radio station.  It's 7-9am central every Wednesday, starting this Wednesday.  I hope you'll stop by at some point!

No comments: