Monday, February 12, 2018

Schizophrenia

These last couple of weeks have been hard, & I hope Self Help Radio isn't suffering because of it.

How have they been hard, Gary?

Well, you must know I'm doing two shows, the one this blog is about, & the Tuesday Morning Blend on KNON.

Yes, you say, but you've done two shows at the same time before, right?

Will you let me finish?

Sorry, buddy.

Where was I?

Whining about having two radio shows.

Oh yeah.  It's actually not the having of two shows, it's that one of those shows requires me to beg for money to keep the show & the station on the air.  I haven't done that in over a decade, when I had to do it at KOOP, & I wasn't very good at it then.

This happens tomorrow?  Didn't you have to do it last week?

Yeah, I did, & I guess I did all right.  But...

But what?  Can't you just be glad you did all right?

I could, except...  Look, damaged self-esteem is nothing to be trifled with.

I understand.

It's not my show yet.  It's still someone else's show.

So you're working extra hard?

Oh yeah.  Making them themed & everything.  Trying to make them special.  You know?

You're losing it, buddy.

Damn it, I'm losing it!

No comments: