Thursday, August 23, 2018

Whither Girl With?

(You type in "girl with" in Google & it gives you - or at least it gave me - "Girl With Pearl Earring" first.  Image from Wikipedia.)

Boy, that "Whither Girl With" looks weird.  I was wondering if I should, like yesterday, write, "Whither 'Girl With'?" with the extra quotation marks around girl & with, but I've never really done it before & I'm kind of irritated that I did it yesterday so I said no.  No!

Anyway, you know what the show's going to be: songs that feature the phrase "girl with" somewhere prominently in this.  Like "Girl With Pearl Earring."  I hope the whole "girl with" thing doesn't seem too sexist.  I'll also try to include some "woman with" songs.  & maybe pluralize it, too, songs with "girls with" for girl power.  Woman power.  You know what I mean.

There are a lot of songs with that construction.  I wanted to see how many I could find.  My results will be available tomorrow at the Self Help Radio website.  At noon.  See ya then.

No comments: