Monday, October 02, 2006

Sleepy Haiku Wrap-Up

Amazingly, a great many people were able to stay awake during my show on Friday, which was about sleepiness. But what truly made them sleepy were the following winning haikus. Remember, you can always write a haiku if you visit the Self Help Radio Haiku Contest Page. Boo-ya!

Big ups to the winners:

FOURTH PLACE: Mindy

Selfish sleep junkie
Look at her doze standing up
Hey! Make her wake up!

THIRD PLACE: Arturo

Yes, it’s important
For you & me to talk now
I just can’t stay zzzzzzzzz

SECOND PLACE; Mitch

Stupid alarm clock
I’m too sleepy to wake up
Five more minutes!

FIRST PLACE: Magda

Eyelids close tonight
New novel line completed
Drool drips on pillow

This week's show is a tribute to the Velvet Underground, so if you've ever wanted to write a haiku for or about Lou Reed, John Cale, Sterling Morrison, Maureen Tucker or (it's a weird world, so why not) Doug Yule, please send a haiku to me.

No comments: