Monday, February 26, 2007

The Monday Haiku Wrap-Up Is Full Of Rue

It's true. I have become a myspace sellout. Please stay away from the Self Help Radio Myspace Page. Although you can hear my rad new radio show intro there.

Here are the winning haikus from last week's free for all. Not a one wrote a haiku about indiepop. That saddens me. This week's theme is "hiding." Don't Hide! Write a haiku instead!

FOURTH PLACE: Anthony

It is almost spring
Like a dark room where you wait
To yell out “surprise!”

THIRD PLACE: Barbara

Gary quit smoking
Just a few days after me
We miss it the same

SECOND PLACE: Andrew

I forget to touch
& leave crumpled in trashcans
Broken sidewalk dreams

FIRST PLACE: Maria

There are nine levels
Seventeen doors on each one
& no one has keys.

& the mystery limericksmith wrote this limerick for the show:

There once was a tomcat named Spike
Who’d sing from my fence every night
My friends would often say:
“You should shoo him away”
But he only sang songs that I liked!

Since the show last week was about Indiepop A To Z, & since it was seventh in an ongoing series, & since you probably weren't here when it started, I thought the "Songs Of The Day" this week would be the first five songs from the "Indiepop A To Z" collection. The first one is from Aarktica, from the album ...Or You Could Just Go Through Your Whole Life & Be Happy Anyway. It's the haunting Aura Lee. Click on it to listen. I'll leave it there until around March 12, 2007.

Tomorrow: I may hide, but I may also have hied.

No comments: