Monday, March 26, 2007

If It Was Michigan Friday, It's A Monday Wrap

Thank you so much for tuning in last Friday as I broadcast Self Help Radio from a flaming asteroid hurtling toward Michigan. I'm so sorry we accidentally hit Ontario. That's my bad. I was totally listening to Bush administration scientists. I won't do that again!

We did have some haiku winners, though, & they won with these winning haikus:

FOURTH PLACE: Scott
Car stalled in Detroit
Arrested in Grand Rapids
We cannot escape

THIRD PLACE: Michelle
Take me to that state
That’s stuck between three Great Lakes
Rad peninsula!

SECOND PLACE: Chris
Lonely Michigan
Losing its songs & its jobs
Sleep in a snowbank

FIRST PLACE: Barbara
I need something new
Winter's lasted way too long
Sing your sweet spring song

& the mystery limerick writer wrote this:

My wife, she divorced me in Michigan
I lived all alone & got rich again
     We went for dinner & dancing
     The week I visited Lansing
& now she wants us to get hitched again!

This week is the start of the Spring 2007 Membership Drive so we may not have time for haiku. But maybe if you write a good one, we'll make the time. This week's show is a tribute to James Brown featuring my favorite hip-hop songs that sample him. It'll be very worth giving your money to you bet.

Today's "Song Of The Day" is by a sweet little English band called Magoo from their first record, The Soateramic Sounds Of Magoo. The song is called A To Z & Back Again, & click it to listen to it from a to z. It'll zoom away on April 9, 2007.

Tomorrow: the day I met James Brown & sampled him, & other crazy lies.

No comments: