Sunday, January 03, 2010

Preface To Biting: A Gentleman's History Of Teeth Marks On The Neck

The audience here at the Self Help Radio are ambivalent about love bites. Here's what some of them had to say:

Audience member # 1: "Aren't hickeys normally found on the neck of adolescent girls?"

Audience member # 2: "It's what you get from having a vaccuum cleaner for a mate. If I had a dollar for every time I heard someone say, 'Wow, she's like a hoover..'"

Audience member # 3: "It seems to me, & I should know, for despite my erudite language skills I am actually a thirteen year old boy, that 'love bites' or their subset 'hickeys' are generally used to establish claim or possession. In addition, in cases of infidelity on behalf of the cheating party, it can creating embarrassment or jealously on the part of the cuckolded party."

Audience member # 2: "What'd he say?"

Audience member # 4: "It's just a way for insecure people to prove to everyone else that they are in a sexual or physical relationship is all."

Audience member # 5: "Not only that, but they're easy to spot, especially if your skin is pale. Though they can be covered up by wearing turtlenecks & scarves I guess."

Audience member # 3: "Or foundation, powder or concealer. That is, if one wishes to hide them."

Audience member # 2: "I just can't understand a damn thing he says."

Audience member # 6: "Alls I know is, it's seriously tacky to show up at school with one."

& that's all there's time for on the Self Help Radio blog with the Self Help Radio audience. Tune in tomorrow for demonstrations & uncomfortable moments between friends!

No comments: