Sunday, June 12, 2011

Whither Ages?

I wanted to do a show about ages a million moons ago when I was listening to Joy Division's song "Ice Age" on my iPod while walking somewhere in the hot Texas summer. I thought it would be funny to have an entire show about ice ages when it was going on forty days of plus one hundred degree temperature. Funny? Cruel.

I could never find a lot of (good) songs about ice ages so my definition expanded. I finally decided I had enough songs. That's the reason it's happening. I wish I could be all like Stan Lee was when he proclaimed "The Age of Marvel Comics is here!" & be like "The Age Of Self Help Radio is here!" But I am not that bold.

Besides, Self Help Radio is only eight years old. If I did try to shout that, someone might shush me & say "Act your age!"

There will be many ages discussed & many songs about ages played tomorrow morning at 7:30 am on 88.1 fm WRFL in Lexington, & you can listen to it anywhere at wrfl dot fm. I'll put it up later tomorrow on the Self Help Radio Web Page.

I have a feeling, though, that the Age Of Self Help Radio may only last ninety minutes. So you might want to listen live. To get that "I was there" feeling. It'll be something kind queasy.

No comments: