Monday, July 02, 2012

Swanning About


You might be thinking, "Is this show a reaction to those weird stories we were told as children about gods turning into swans to rape women?"  If so, you had the same reaction I did.  Maybe not as badly as the whole shower of gold thing - christ that would have hurt - but still, a swan?  Gods have a sick sense of humor, in general, but horny gods are the worst.

No, no, the show's not about that.  Nor about the time I caught the whooping cough from a whooper swan.  It turned my neck black & I was mute for a month.  All of my breaths sounded like trumpets & my throat was as dry as tundra.  But I digress.  (Ha ha, swan humor!)

The show about swans, which includes me swanning about, is now available in its own habitat at the Self Help Radio website.  It's in two parts: swanshow part I & swanshow part II.  & all the swan songs are listed below.  Please note: the show features several songs about swans but four actual swan songs, three more than is legally allowed.  My bad.

Thanks for listening!

(part one)

"You Swan, Go On" Mount Eerie _Lost Wisdom_
"The Swan" Julee Cruse _Floating Into The Night_
"The Swan (from 'Carnival Of The Animals')" Camille Saint-Saëns _Classical Comedy: Wagner's Rinse Cycle_

"Swan Blues" King Pleasure _Moody's Mood For Love_
"La Cigona (The Swan)" Honeybus _She Flies Like A Bird: The Anthology_
"Swans & Butterflies" The Green Pajamas _Seven Fathoms Down & Falling_
"Clang Of The Concrete Swans" Comet Gain _Howl Of The Lonely Crowd_

"Swan Lee (Silas Lang)" Syd Barrett _Opel_
"Ride A White Swan" T Rex _Ride A White Swan_
"Lovely Little Swan" Close Lobsters _Headache Rhetoric_

(part two)

"Badge" Cream _Goodbye_
"Swan Pond" Julie Doiron _I Woke Myself Up_
"Swans" Camera Obscura _The Blizzard EP_

"Black Swan" Nina Simone _At Carnegie Hall_
"Blue Swan" Cleaners From Venus _The Wayward Genius Of Martin Newell_
"Imagine The Swan" The Zombies _Time Of The Zombies_
"Here Come The Swans (Acoustic)" Kitchens Of Distinction _Capsule (The Best Of Kitchens Of Distinction 1988-94)_

"My Swan Song" Dave Frisberg _Honky Soul, Race Music, Hard Bop & Anachronistic Jazz_
"Swan Song" Marc Almond _Varieté_
"Sing Swan Song" Can _Ege Bamyasi_
"Swan Song" Tall Dwarfs _Stumpy_

No comments: