Thursday, January 03, 2013

A Preview Of Self Help Radio In 2013

A new year is the perfect time to revitalize one's radio show - it's an excuse to make much-needed changes & improvements!  Self Help Radio, however, is never one to squander an opportunity, & can promise pretty much the same thing it's always done for the new year!

Among these things:

1) Same old website!  Well, there will be one change: a new front page will have to be made, as each of the pages represents a year of playlists.  Also, the current front page with become the "2012" page.  It should take all of thirty minutes, & the webmaster (who's also me) will complain about it the entire time.

2) Different themes!  Yes, the one constant in Self Help Radio is that themes will be explored in the exact same way, which means that (except for anniversary shows) no theme will ever be repeated, no matter how many glaringly obvious songs I miss!

3) Twitter!  Facebook!  Again this year I will continue to underuse social media tools.  Mostly out of embarrassment.  I mean, have you heard the radio show?

4) Still on Monday morning!  Yes, Self Help Radio remains on Monday mornings (at least for the spring), making it another terrible thing that happens at the beginning of the work-week.

5) This blog is really dull!  I can't do much about it, it's kind of a reflection of me & the show.  I was toying with the idea of hiring a ghostwriter, but then I don't believe in ghosts.  I mean, seriously - if there really were such things as ghosts, wouldn't you see them all the time?

6) Cheating on my taxes!  Wait.  I don't think you needed to know that.  My backspace isn't working!  Crap!

7) I'll do more "Indiepop A To Z" episodes but won't be anywhere near finished!  But you expected that.

8) If you've heard it before, you'll hear it again!  Oh, it's true, there's not a cornball joke or routine that I won't run straight for, time after time, during my interminable airbreaks.  I wonder if there's a clinical name for this malady, & if so, is it Henny Youngman's disease?

I can't apologize more for the rut that I'm stuck in that's called Self Help Radio, mainly because I can't think of a synonym for "apologize."  However, you should take a small amount of comfort in the fact that, as the world gets more horrible due to stupid politicians & climate change, one thing stays the same: the predictability of Self Help Radio!

Hoorah?

No comments: