Thursday, July 11, 2013

Preface To The Deep Show: Google Deep

You learn so much about people from their Google searches?  I don't know.  I typed in deep, hit space (if I didn't, I'd get Deepak Chopra, & got ten common choices people who use Google make.  (Well, nine - "deep impact" is the same as each of the following terms.)

The first one alarms me - for its own sake & for the fact that people are looking it up.  Even worse than that, the statistic are awful - according to webmd.com, every year two million people get deep vein thrombosis, & as many as 200,000 die of it.  That's one in ten.  My legs will be feeling weird all day long.

I was unfamiliar with the nonsense television show Deep South Paranormal & don't want to say anything more about it.

Deep fried Oreos?  Deep fried pickles?  Can you say "deep vein thrombosis"?

I'm sure the surviving members of Deep Purple are happy to be continually searched for, if it's only for the lyrics to "Smoke On The Water."  Although it could just as well be about the song "Deep Purple" which may be where the band got their name.  (I really don't want to have to read through their Wikipedia entry to find out.)

Ooo, Deep Web.  Sounds naughty!  It probably is!

If it were up to me, Deep Space Nine would be the first thing that would pop up when you typed the word "deep"!

As someone who's barely made a shallow impact on pretty much everyone I've ever met, I find that the phrase "deep impact" depresses me - & yeah, I know it's space-related.  But still.

No comments: