Thursday, May 29, 2014

Whither Afternoon?

As I write this, the afternoon is four hours old, & it's been a warm, lovely day.  It rained a little as we drove to Louisville to visit the vet that looked at our little beagle, Winston, & the news was cautiously good.  We listened to the 500th episode of Marc Maron's WTF Podcast, & it's one of those things that the wife & I often stop at different points to talk about.  He certainly puts himself out there in a way that I can't ever imagine doing.

The clouds burnt away & it was sunny when we got home, but the wife & I decided to nap away the afternoon, since we had to wake up early & drive an hour away, but also because we're fans of naps.  Now I'm awake, &, since I live next-door to a daycare, I can hear children playing as well as the whirr of ceiling fans in the house, & around me the animals in my life are sleeping until they decide they need to go out, or bug me for food, or demand love from me.  Meanwhile, I'm wasting the afternoon putting my show together.

My wife is one the phone in the bedroom with a colleague, & I just heard her say, "In the afternoon…" in reference to a meeting.

Unfortunately, Self Help Radio's show about the afternoon will air in the morning, from 7 to 9am tomorrow (Friday) on 88.1 fm WRFL in Lexington.  (Or online if you click that link there.)  If you're not up until the afternoon, never fear!  I'll have it up sometime around noon - or the afternoon at the latest.

I couldn't do otherwise.

No comments: