Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Preface To One Last Indiepop A To Z On WRFL: Expectations

People ask me all the time (no they don't), they say, "Hey Gary, with only two shows left on WRFL, are you going to make them both so spectacular that you'll blow a giant hole in the schedule that the station will take months, even years, to fill?"

& I always say (or would say, if anyone really asked me something like that), "Gosh no!  When people expect anything of me - or when I myself set expectations I am supposed to live up to - I naturally choke & self-sabotage in the most predictable way possible."

Hm.  That dialogue that never happened may be why no one really wants to talk to me.

As I've explained before, I started the silly Indiepop A To Z more than a decade ago (& I'm currently on the letter K) & used to do it whenever I felt like it.  But now I do it every four months.  It was scheduled for the end of April.  So why put it off?

Why put it off?  Because you will never finish it!  Shut up!  You shut up!

Beyond all that, I am wondering when I will be sufficiently unpacked to re-start the show, most probably as a podcast, once I'm in Los Angeles.  On the Self Help Radio web site, I'm suggesting I'll have an episode for June 6.  That gives me five weeks.  But a lot can happen in five weeks!

I'm only sorry the show this week will be without my usual ridiculous bells & nutty whistles.  The music is great, however.

No comments: