Thursday, May 14, 2015

Change Of Plans

Well.  I guess I knew there was a chance of this.  But.

Before I say anything, please consult your favorite adage or proverb or quote about plans.

"Unless commitment is made, there are only promise & hopes… but no plans."

"The best laid plans of mice & men often go awry."

"Plans can fall through as so often they do."

"If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans."

& then there's this:



"Let's make some plans, 'cause they can go wrong."

Which is a goofy-ass way of saying that all the plans my wife & I have made for the past couple of months - plans to move from Lexington, plans to live in Los Angeles, plans to find a new radio station for Self Help Radio, even plans for the summer Self Help Radio podcast - they've all gone for naught.  My wife has decided not to take the job in Los Angeles for reasons both of us thought were good.

I apologize for all the bombast - for the "last shows" - for my sentimental need to say goodbye in the most maudlin of fashions.  I understand I will have to sit out the summer on WRFL - I wouldn't have left if I hadn't had a degree of certainty.  I regret that now, but it wasn't until this week that our plans, as I emphasize above, changed direction so dramatically.

I apologize to Lexington & all of Kentucky that I'll be sticking around.  Your loss is California's gain!

I'll post one more Self Help Radio "rerun" tomorrow, & there's be a new episode next week.

No comments: