Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Self Help Radio 011916: 1980

(Original image here.)

So much good music from 1980!  I hope I gave a decent representation.  Luckily no-one called & complained that I didn't play REO Speedwagon.  Although that's not a thing that I think has ever happened.

Nothing more to say - it's my birthday today, we're snowed in, & I may nap.  The show is now at the Self Help Radio website, please pay attention to login/password info.  The songs I play in both hours of the show are below.

Happy birthday!

(part one)

"Wednesday Week" The Undertones _Hypnotised_
"Another Nail In My Heart" Squeeze _Argybargy_
"Girl U Want" Devo _Freedom Of Choice_

"Totally Wired" The Fall _Totally Wired_
"Cake Shop" Swell Maps _Jane From Occupied Europe_
"Don't Catch Fire" Toy Love _Toy Love_
"Sex Drive" The Embarrassment _Patio Set/Sex Drive_

"Up The Hill Backwards" David Bowie _Scary Monsters (& Super Creeps)_
"Babooshka" Kate Bush _Never For Ever_
"Treason (It's Just A Story)" The Teardrop Explodes _Kilimanjaro_
"Crosseyed & Painless" Talking Heads _Remain In Light_

"Going Underground" The Jam _Going Underground_
"Washington Bullets" The Clash _Sandinista!_

(part two)

"King Horse" Elvis Costello & The Attractions _Get Happy!!_
"Kingdom Of Love" The Soft Boys _Underwater Moonlight_
"Fall" The Psychedelic Furs _The Psychedelic Furs_

"Play For Today" The Cure _Seventeen Seconds_
"Christine" Siouxsie & The Banshees _Kaleidoscope_
"Dark Entries" Bauhaus _Dark Entries_
"Atmosphere" Joy Division _Atmsophere_

"Fa Cé-La" The Feelies _Crazy Rhythms_
"Straight Jacket" The Attractions _Mad About The Wrong Boy_
"I Need Two Heads" The Go-Betweens _I Need Two Heads_
"Don't Tell Me No" The Cars _Panorama_
"Watching The Wheels" John Lennon & Yoko Ono _Double Fantasy_

"Shack Up" A Certain Ratio _Shack Up_
"Enclave" Vic Godard & Subway Sect _What's The Matter Boy?_

No comments: