Saturday, May 21, 2016

Going Away Again

After tomorrow, this blog will be refreshingly silent - I'll be "vacationing" again, but this time I'll be away a week.  The awesome Matt Clarke, who does "The Weekend Wave" on WRFL on Fridays in the same time period Self Help Radio is in (only on Fridays instead of on Tuesdays) will be hosting.  I'll talk a little more about that tomorrow.

What shall I talk about today?  Here's a funny story: I take a particular prescription pill every day with vitamins because I must NO I'M NOT TELLING YOU WHAT IT IS, but for reasons I don't understand, I keep in a similar bottle right next to it on the shelf a bottle of muscle relaxants which I was prescribed a while back for something I don't remember NO I'M NOT BEING COY.  Today, I accidentally took the muscle relaxant instead of the regular pill so I've been sleepy all day.

Holy Pharma!  It just occurred to me that I maybe should take a couple of those so I can sleep on the plane tomorrow!  I can't sleep on planes, you see.  I'll ask the wife if that's safe.  Or if I'll be groggy for too long.  Because I am a little groggy now, & I took the pill more than eight hours ago.  I took it on an empty stomach, too.  Hmm.

Anyway, I thought had something to say today, but as the wife pressures me to pack my bags & get my shit together, I suddenly got all queasy because it's becoming real, the long wait at the airport, the flight, the reorientation - I wish it were something I could get used to.  & I might not get any sleep tonight!

No comments: