Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Preface To Apples: Only In Pies

Confession time: I haven't eaten an apple in ages.  I don't know why that is.  Just no apples in the house - except - uh oh - in apple pies.

& not just any apple pie - giant Costco apple pies!  These pies:

(I found this image here.)

They're pretty good.  & happily for me, vegan!

Yes, I know they sell actual apples at Costco, too - even expensively pre-sliced.  But the wife prefers grapes & pineapples if we do buy fruit.  Not apples.

Spending all day, however, listening to songs about apples, preparing for tomorrow's show, has made me crave apples.  Not enough to go actually buy some - I'll go to Costco tomorrow & decide if I need a convenient pack of seventy-two Granny Smiths - but enough to look at images on the internet & get all drooly.

By the way - the apple pies above do nothing for me right now.  I think I'd pass that sweetness up for a chance at a seventy-two pack of a Fuji or a Red Delicious.  But it might just be because I have been listening to apple songs all day long!

No comments: