Monday, January 02, 2017

The Lake Across The House

So. Many. Ducks

This weekend the wife & I moved into our new house.  It is an old house, built in 1957, & we purchased it about a month after we moved back to Texas, but the wife wants the place where she lives to conform to specific needs she has for habitation, & I have no opinion either way & would sleep on a mattress on a dirt floor as long as I had wi-fi, so the new old house has been renovated, but even though there are many things that still need to be done, we moved in because we needed to be out of the rental house at the end of the year.  I will in fact be putting together this week's show in a room with a door I can close & I don't know why I haven't done this before.  Oh yeah, because I used to do Self Help Radio in a radio station.

What was I talking about?  Oh yeah, our new house.  It's across from a lake.  Well, sort of.  It's across from the side of the street which has houses which have a lake behind it.  The owners of one of the house came by & introduced himself yesterday, & he told us we could go back there to look at the lake & specifically the probably hundreds of water fowl that hang out there.  I took the picture above today & in fact there are many more ducks than that, those were just the ones who swam away when I walked up with four dogs & a human woman beside me, a frightening proposition in any case.

In fact I can see the lake between two houses from the window in which I am busy now editing interviews for Wednesday's show.  I wish I could live by the lake - the houses which face the lake in fact have large windows in the back to look at the lake by which they live.  I have to crane my head, squint my eyes, & catch far-away action between two houses; they look out their window & most probably take it for granted.

Oh, & someone owns the lake.  That feels weird, but as I've mentioned before, I find it strange that I own trees.  I own a house, I own the plot of land on which the house stands, & on that plot of land stands trees, which I therefore own QED.  But the fellow across the street from us, whom I've not met yet, owns the lake.  It is his lake.  That seems incorrect somehow.  But it's true.

Expect more lake pictures, especially on my Tumblr blog.  & maybe a show about ducks, maybe?  In the future?*  Guest-starring actual ducks?

(Daydreaming now.)

* All right, I've already done a show about ducks.  But I'd love to invite some ducks to program a show.  Maybe about lakes?**

** Damn it, I did a show about lakes last year!  Well, ducks will need to come up with something!

No comments: