Friday, March 31, 2017

Self Help Radio 032917: Tails

(Original image - & you can play the game! - here.)

So many apologies for this week.  I am glad I was able to get the show done in time, but Tuesday night a storm ripped through the Metroplex & we woke up without power, a situation that lasted till Thursday afternoon.  Luckily it hasn't got unbearably hot here in Fort Worth.  But I wasn't able to listen to & live tweet the show like I do, as I am terrible doing such things on a tiny phone.  I hope you at least got to listen.

But if you didn't, here the show is.  My guests are very funny, I think the music is great, &, as always, there's a little of me but you can totally fast-forward - or whatever it's called when you do it to an mp3.

One thing I meant to do is share with you a picture of all the tails in my house, four doggy & four kitty tails, but you know, time, trauma, exhaustion, foreclosure, impudence, diffidence, apathy, ennui, dinnertime - things come up.  Ideas go missing.  A nap seems like a really, really good idea, only you're driving.

With all that in mind, the show is on the website, I hope you dig.  The songs I played are below.  I now have to go unlive-tweet it on Twitter, that's a real weird thing, but I like to tell folks there what I play, even if they look at it & say, "Who's this guy?"

(part one)

"Strange Tales, Strange Tails" XTC _Respectable Street_
"Who'll Tie The Bell (On The Old Cat's Tail)" Rosemary Clooney _Memories Of You_
"Gator Tail" Lee Dorsey _Yes We Can_

"Snakes, Snails, Puppy Dog Tails" Alma Cogan _Scratch My Back (New Rubble Vol. 5)_
"I've Got A Tiger By The Tail" The Derailers _Under The Influence Of Buck_
"In A Mermaid Tail" Po! _Horse Blanket Weather_
"Heads Or Tails" Shannon & The Clams _Dreams In The Rat House_

"Blue Tail, The Red Fox" Tex Ritter _High Noon_
"Monkey With Your Tail" The Cramps _Big Beat From Badsville_
"Salt On A Devil's Tail" Jack Teagarden _Has Anybody Here Seen Jackson?_
"Turn Tail" The Young Knives _Superabundance_

"Shake A Tail Feathers" The Five Du-Tones _Beg, Scream, & Shout! The Big Ol' Box Of '60s Soul_
"Pin The Tail On The Donkey" The Newcomers _The Complete Stax-Volt Soul Singles: 1968-1971_

(part two)

"Pigtails & Freckles" Nat King Cole Trio _The Complete Capitol Nat King Cole Trio Recordings_
"Pony Tail" T-Bone Walker _The Complete Imperial Recordings, 1950-1954_
"Duck Tail" Joe Clay _Rockin' Bones: 1950s Punk & Rockabilly_
"Pigtails" The Impacts _Pigtails_

"Tails In The Woods" Bonnie Leigh _Bridge Of Flowers_
"Blue Tail Fly" Bob Atcher _The Golden Age Of Bob Atcher_
"The Tail's Been Waggin' The Dog" Charlie Walker _Don't Squeeze My Sharmon_
"Poor Dog (Who Can't Wag His Own Tail)" Little Richard _Get Down With It! The Okeh Sessions_

"Whales Tails" Cocteau Twins _Victorialand_
"Polka Dot Tail" Ween _The Mollusk_
"I'll Cut Your Tail Off" John Leyton _John Leyton_
"Born With A Tail" Supersuckers _The Best Of Hootenanny_

"Swaller Tail Coat" Frank Luther Trio _Serenade In The Mountains: Early Old-Time Music On Record_
"Your Shirt Tail's Out" Hot Lips Page _1946-1950_
"Turn My Coat Tails Loose" Hasil Adkins _Out To Hunch

No comments: