Thursday, May 18, 2017

Self Help Radio 051717: Firsts

(Original image here.)

This is far from the first Self Help Radio I've ever done.  I actually don't have an exact number, but if I've done a show every week for fourteen & a half years - which I haven't - I've done about 750 shows or more.  (That's probably bad math.)  While I did do a hello show, which was technically the first SHR, I also did a goodbye show which was far from the last SHR.  So nothing means anything is the lesson?  I guess.

This week, though, I focused on firsts.  It's crazy to think that there are some firsts - like first human in space - that only one person will ever get, while there are other firsts - first time in Hawaii! - that lots of people get to share.  & there are contradictions, too: every animal in my house, including the human female I live with, is first in my heart.  Is that possible?  Of course it is!

It does trouble me that this might be the first Self Help Radio someone has ever listened to.  But then that would trouble me with every show, so that's not a first for me.  In any case, the show is now at the Self Help Radio website, waiting patiently for you to be the first to listen.  The song played are below.  So many firsts!

(part one)

"The First Day Of Spring" Friends _The First Day Of Spring EP_
"First Few Desperate Hours" The Mountain Goats _Tallahassee_
"First Love" The Bartlebees _From Path Of Pain To Jewels Of Glory_

"First Bus" The Smittens _Believe Me_
"Our First Fight" Jens Lekman _Life Will See You Now_
"Ladies First" Shel Silverstein _A Light In The Attic_
"First Aid" The Wibbley Brothers _Go Weird_
"The First Cut" Eurthymics _Touch_

"The First One" Gary Valentine _Tomorrow Belongs To You_
"The Girl He First Met" Zuzu's Petals _The Music Of Your Life_
"First I Look At The Purse" The Contours _The Complete Motown Singles, Vol. 5: 1965_
"First Love Never Die" Soko _I Thought I Was An Alien_

"First Notebook" The Railway Children _Reunion Wilderness_

(part two)

"You Are My First Love" Pat Hunt _Los Angeles Soul: Kent-Modern's Black Music Legacy_
"I Dumped You First" God Help The Girl _God Help The Girl (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)_
"First Cigarette In The Rain" Jerusalem & The Starbaskets _Dost_
"First Tell Me Why" Clefs Of Lavender Hill _Stop! Get A Ticket_

"Who’s On First" Abbott & Costello _When Radio Was King_
"McGuillicutty & Green" The Kids In The Hall _Season One_
"The First Cut Is The Deepest" Cat Stevens _On The Road To Find Out_
"The First Time You Saw Snow" Shirley Lee _Shirley Lee_

"My First UFO" Figurine _Transportation + Communication = Love_
"First One Today" The Fall _Sub-Lingual Tablet_
"The First Boy" Frankie & The Heartstrings _The Days Run Away_
"One Of These Things First" Nick Drake _Bryter Layter_

"In Love For The Very First Time" Talulah Gosh _They've Scoffed The Lot_
"First Summer In A City" Free Cake For Every Creature _Talking Quietly Of Anything With You_
"First Of A Million Love Songs" The Pooh Sticks _Optimistic Fool_

No comments: