Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Whither 1982?

(Image from here.)

It's very simple.  (When I write that, I hear it in my head in Bob Dorough's voice.)  In the first year of this show, around or on my birthday (which is January 20), I decided I would "celebrate" my birthday by playing music from the year of my birth, 1968.  When the next birthday rolled around, I decided I'd go to 1969.  & so on, & so on.  I have a birthday on Saturday.  We're up to 1982.

So!  Tonight's show will be my favorite music from 1982.  Not necessarily the music I liked best in 1982, although we're close to the point in time where I was starting to actively seek out new music, but definitely music from 1982 that I truly love now & have listened to at some point between then & now.

The show is on tonight from 8-10pm central, 9-11pm eastern on WLXU in Lexington - that's at 93.9 fm - & everywhere at LCR online.  Listen & compare your faves from 1982.  Because I know you've got a list.  C'mon.  You've got a list.

No comments: