Monday, April 02, 2018

Return To Form 1040EZ

This is an exchange in the film Duck Soup between a prosecutor, & Chico Marx, who plays Chicolini, who happens to be on trial:

Prosecutor: Something must be done. War would meant a prohibitive increase in our taxes.
Chicolini: Hey, I've got an uncle that lives in Taxes.
Prosecutor: No, I'm talking about taxes. Money. Dollars.
Chicolini: Dollas! There's-a where my uncle lives! Dollas, Taxes!

Now that it's tax season, that joke is getting used around this house - by me, of course - quite a lot.  Do you think the wife is enjoying it?  Oh no.

Hm, maybe there's a song about that sort of thing?  Heck, maybe there's even another song about this sort of thing?

(For a long time I've wanted to do a Self Help Radio about someone not being appreciated for his or her sense of humor, but alas! it's not a common subject matter for songs.)

& you know what?  It's not just me repeating the Chico Marx line!  No sir.  It's me riffing as well.  For example, I mentioned that the hardest part of our taxes was discovering our Fort Worth.  Get it?  Because we live in Fort Worth!  & because the word "worth" is...  Oh, never mind.

You're about as much fun as my wife.

No comments: