Monday, May 18, 2020

Whither Keep It?

(This is the first thing that comes up when I google "keep it."  It's apparently "a podcast about pop culture, politics, & what happens when they smack into each other at alarming speed."  I'm sure it's great.)

A brief interview with myself about the current state of Self Help Radio:

What's the current state of Self Help Radio?

Hey, I'm still doing it weekly.  It's just not appearing every week at a specific time like when it's on a regular radio schedule.

Why not?

Because they haven't got the automation set up properly at Freeform at the moment.  Hopefully some time in June, the show will air during its regular time slot.

So it's not because you're lazy?

This has nothing to do with laziness.  I have been subbing shows on KBOO, & I've been doing The Dickenbock Report, & those shows air at a specific time, & the prerecords have to be ready twenty-four hours before that, so I am prioritizing those.

When does Self Help Radio air on Freeform?

That's something I don't know.  All the content - except the special episodes on Friday & Saturday - are random.  A couple of weeks ago I got a note that the April 6th show was airing on a Thursday night.  In that way it's probably unfair to foist Self Help Radio on an unsuspecting public.  At least when it's on during its regular time, you have fair warning to avoid it!

It just seems like it's taking you longer & longer to do an episode.  Why is that?

It might be because there's no deadline.  I am a serial procrastinator, & deadlines keep me honest.  We'll see what happens when the show is more regularly scheduled.  Plus...

What?

This might not be the best place to announce it, but starting June 9th, I'll be re-doing old recent episodes of Self Help Radio to air on KBOO on alternate weeks from The Dickenbock Report!  It might only be for a couple of months, but I'm excited!

Will there be a new show tomorrow, then?

Yes, I hope so.

Yes, you hope so?

All I can say is, check back here tomorrow, or on the SHR Facebook page, or on the show's Twitter page.  I am working on it now.  I hope to have it done by tomorrow.  Or just keep an eye on Self Help Radio website.  That's where everything ends up.

Okay, well, thanks for letting me interview you, me.

You're welcome me!

No comments: