Monday, April 19, 2021

Whither Paris?


Yes, that is a picture of me kissing Oscar Wilde's grave in the Père Lachaise cemetery in Paris.  No, I didn't have lipstick on at the time.  & no, I didn't get hepatitis from pressing my lips where so many had before.

It was in January of 2007 that I visited Paris for the first (& so far only) time in my life.  But tonight on Self Help Radio, we'll not only visit Paris for three hours, we'll talk to a real Parisian, to a friend (I guess you'd call her an expatriate) who lives in Paris, & to a friend in Belgium who loves Paris.  In addition to my usual clumsy musical choices, my guests picked songs which made them think of Paris.  It should be a lovely experience.

Oh I almost forgot!  The idea for the show came from a listener.  The show has a text line (it's 971-319-4847) & I was chatting with someone a month or so ago, & he said I should do a show about Paris.  & so I shall.

It's on tonight from midnight to 3am on 90.7 fm KBOO in Portland, kboo.fm everywhere.  (That's around 9am to noon Paris time.)

No comments: