Monday, October 24, 2022

Whither Halloween 2022 - Spiders?


There are two burning questions you doubtless have for me about this year's Self Help Radio Halloween show, which will be about spiders.  At least two.  Here are the two I will answer here:

1) Didn't you already do a Self Help Radio episode about spiders?

Yes, I did.  It was way back in 2004, after I was bitten by a brown recluse.  It was not for Halloween.  It occurred to me that this year, because Portland loves its spiders (see above image, taken a couple years ago in my neighborhood), that spiders would be a great Halloween theme.  Also, I doubt anyone who listened to that show, which aired in Austin, Texas, eighteen years ago, will be listening now & shaking their head at me for being repetitive & lazy.

2) Isn't Halloween next week?  Isn't your show next Monday on Halloween night?

Halloween is in a week, yes, but my show next week is technically on Tuesday, November 1, the day after Halloween.  I thought it would be more fun to start a week of Halloween celebrations rather be a footnote after such a week.

Maybe you have more questions?  Ask away!  & make sure to listen to Self Help Radio's show about spiders tonight on 90.7fm in Portland & online at kboo.fm.  When?  It'll happen starting at the witching hour - midnight - & last till 3am.  All times Pacific.

Gosh, I hope you're not as scared of spiders as I am - or maybe I hope you are!

No comments: