Monday, October 17, 2022

Whither Paralyzed?

(image from here.)

The reason the theme for tonight's Self Help Radio is "paralyzed" is possibly the main reason I pick themes: I noticed that there were lots of songs I liked called "Paralyzed."  (Or "Paralysed" because British English.)  I know that's a boring answer for a theme but it really is how it works most of the time.  I'm listening to a record, then another one, & I notice a couple of songs, & I think, "Maybe that would make a good theme."  I create a folder on my computer & as time passes I find other songs & come up with other ideas that might go into the folder.

One of my obsessions - which I think I've realized a few times - is to have an entire show with all the songs having the same name.  If Self Help Radio were still two hours long, I do believe I would be able to fill the entire show with nothing but songs called "Paralyzed" (or, you know, "Paralysed").  Alas, it's three hours long.  Which is fine, I have found some songs I really like & hope you'll like too.

Three hours!  Tonight!  Midnight to 3am Portland time!  On 90.7fm in town!  & online at kboo.fm!  I'll try not to be like a deer in the headlights.

No comments: