Monday, November 14, 2022

Whither Chains?

What do chain gangs, daisy chains, & balls & chains have in common?  Okay, I know that they may have used chains with balls attached for people on the chain gang, & that in their spare time, perhaps a chain gang member might sit miserably in a field & absent-mindedly create a daisy chain, but in my case I was trying to be clever & say, "In the course of an afternoon listening to music I heard songs about all three which made me think hey! Maybe I should do a show about chains!"

That's all.  Now all I can think about is one of the most troublesome chain gang members, fitted with a ball & chain, protesting his cruel punishment by refusing to work on the roadside & instead making a chain of flowers.  & suddenly this seems way more interesting than the radio show I am making tonight.

Which is a show about chains of all kinds.  Except chainsaws.  I decided to leave out chainsaws.  I figured one day I might do a show about saws & could use chainsaws then.  You don't care about this.  I'm sorry I'm rambling.  Now I'm imagining that convict being beaten by sadistic guards.  I've started a terrible movie in my head & it won't stop.

Anyway, if you're around tonight from midnight to 3am Portland time, listen to Self Help Radio's show about chains.  On 90.7fm in town & online at kboo.fm.  I promise it won't be as awful as a chain email.

No comments: