Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Self Help Radio 011723: 1987

(all image from Discogs)

Wow, that was a radio show I might've done in 1987!

But there's so much more to cover that I love from that year, so I believe I'll be revisiting 1987 in six months or so - like I did last year with 1986 & the year before with 1985.

There are three hours of songs I love from 1987 in a file with minimal blab from me. You can listen to that show now at the Self Help Radio website.  Remember, you'll need a username (SHR) & a password (selfhelp). You can also listen - but you can't download the show - at the KBOO website.

Everything I played is below. To be continued in six months! Tell me what you think I missed!

Self Help Radio 1987 Show
"Let's Make Some Plans" The Close Lobsters _Let's Make Some Plans_
"Crawl Babies" The Pastels _Crawl Babies_
"When It All Comes Down" Miaow _When It All Comes Down_

"Shoplifters Of The World Unite" The Smiths _Louder Than Bombs_
"Happy When It Rains" The Jesus & Mary Chain _Darklands_
"Shine On" The House Of Love _Shine On_
"Flame Into Being" Momus _The Poison Boyfriend_
"Cry Baby Cry" Throwing Muses _Chains Changed_

"Hit The North Part 1" The Fall _Hit The North_
"Big Rock Candy Mountain (Velocity Dance Mix)" The Motorcycle Boy _Big Rock Candy Mountain_
"You Have Placed A Chill In My Heart" Eurythmics _Savage_
"Hope Road" Anne Clark _Hopeless Cases_
"Pump Up The Volume" M|A|R|R|S _Pump Up The Volume_

"She Lives By The Castle" Felt _Poem Of The River_
"Bye Bye Pride" The Go-Betweens _Tallulah_
"A Trick Of The Light" The Triffids _Calenture_
"My Favourite Dress" The Wedding Present _My Favourite Dress_
"Waiting For The Flood" Love & Rockets _Earth Sun Moon_

"Schizophrenia" Sonic Youth _Sister_
"Levitate Me" Pixies _Come On Pilgrim_
"Happy Nightmare Baby" Opal _Happy Nightmare Baby_
"Cold Cold Ground" Tom Waits _Franks Wild Years_
"Birthday" The Sugarcubes _Birthday_

"All I Want" The Cure _Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me_
"This Corrosion" The Sisters Of Mercy _This Corrosion_
"Trust In Me" Siouxsie & The Banshees _Through The Looking Glass_
"Sloppy Heart" Frazier Chorus _Sloppy Heart_
"Cantara" Dead Can Dance _Within The Realm Of A Dying Sun_

"Son Of A Gun" The Vaselines _Son Of A Gun_
"Talulah Gosh" Talulah Gosh _Talulah Gosh_
"Stop Killing Me" The Primitives _Stop Killing Me_
"Happy All The Time" The Flatmates _Happy All The Time_
"Built Like A Car" Mighty Mighty _Built Like A Car_

"I Know You Got Soul" Eric B & Rakim _Paid In Full_
"South Bronx" Boogie Down Productions _Criminal Minded_
"Dope Man" N.W.A. _Panic Zone_

No comments: