Sunday, February 19, 2023

Preface To Wrecks: The Wreck Room


Here's a confession: I didn't see many live music shows in Fort Worth. I lived there for almost three years but when I saw live music, I mostly did so in Dallas. When I did see live music in Fort Worth, it was because I was volunteering at benefits for KNON. At one of those places, I saw the cross in the above picture, which reads "RIP Wreck Room."

Of course, Wreck Room is an awesome name for a club. It's a good pun & it sets the tone, like every good club name should. I wish I'd thought of it! Later on, I went to a search engine, to see what I could find. I found this article.

The internets tell me it was located at 3208 W 7th St, but that wasn't where I saw the cross & took the picture - that was at W 5th & Foch, across from Lola's Trailer Park. Apparently that club space has now moved, but I spent a couple of full days at the previous location probably in 2017 & 2018 helping with I think the Fort Worth Blues Fest. The picture above is dated February 2, 2018. I remember there being a table for tattoos & the person trying to convince me to get one. I shoulda just lied & said I already had one.

Would I have enjoyed the Wreck Room? I dunno, I didn't enjoy Fort Worth very much. I did love the house we had there, though, as I wrote about here. & a few of our neighbors. But not the town.

Tomorrow night I'll turn the little deejay booth at KBOO into a Wreck Room tho! Oh shit I can't even say that with a straight face.

No comments: