Monday, March 20, 2023

Whither Runaways?

(image from here)

Here's the thing: runaways as a theme is pretty heavy. Running away is a hard decision for anyone to make, especially those who are young & have had traumatic experiences. In general, this is a light-hearted radio show & most of the songs about "running away" have nothing to do with those kinds of runaways. In fact, when I started collecting songs about running away - usually using the noun form "runaway" - I didn't even think about people who are running away from terrible experiences into possibly worse situations. The songs will mostly not be about that.

So please take this theme with a grain of salt. Not that you treat this show very seriously if you think of it at all, which almost nobody does. Still, I feel the need to issue a caveat. In case I offend, in case anyone thinks I am really putting out truthful information, in the very unlikely case anyone takes my dumb radio show seriously. Please don't!

In fact, you're encouraged to run away from it. Here's where you shouldn't be: tonight, from midnight to 3am Portland time, on 90.7fm in town, kboo.fm everywhere.

& that's all I have to say about that.

No comments: