Thursday, May 11, 2023

Whither Tilt?

("Dream Of The Rarebit Fiend" Sunday strip by Winsor McCay, March 9, 1913 found here)

Yes, the theme of this week's show is "tilt." Not "tilting." "Tilt" can be a noun, you know. It just feels more like a verb. Oh look! It just now occurs to me that italics is tilted text. Wow. Um. Where was I?

In discussion with someone recently, I breathed a sigh of relief that I don't have to fill three hours with songs about a particular theme anymore. However, I do seem to be choosing themes which might not even fill two hours. & so it is with "tilt." I of course have two hours of songs which involve that word. But I couldn't have filled three hours. Not even close.

Why the theme? You might want to blame Edward Ball, since I was listening to his album Catholic Guilt a lot recently. Or maybe Scott Walker, whose album Tilt kind of haunts me. Or maybe I'll never know why I chose the theme "tilt." I just know it's happening today.

It is? Yes! From noon to 2pm Portland time on 90.3+98.3fm in town & online at Freeform Portland dot org. Lots of music! Lots of talk! Lots of tilting!

No comments: