Friday, June 30, 2023

Self Help Radio 062923: Howard Gently Year One

Sorry for that terrible graphic. I have not a lot of time today. Anyway, my friend Russell would have chuckled at it. I hope.

On the show I explain the whole premise, but suffice it to say, as a tribute to my dear friend, who died two weeks ago, & who gave so much to me, to my life, to my dumb radio show, I played the first eleven times he appeared on Self Help Radio as the Rev. Dr. Howard Gently. I found myself laughing out loud in the studio yesterday & that helped a little. He made me laugh for four decades, I am so glad I have recordings of him being funny, he can make me laugh for the rest of my life.

The Howard Gently Spectacular can be listened to now at the Self Help Radio website. Please remember to use the username SHR & pass the password selfhelp in order to download & listen. There's also the Corporate Standardized Programming episode from Tuesday if you find the KBOO website interface weird - if you download the show, you can fast forward to the parts that interest you. What happened on the show is below.

There'll be another Howard Gently Tribute before too long.

Self Help Radio 230629: Howard Gently Year One
"Know You" Russell Miles _Know You_

"Split Up The Money" Vic Godard & The Subway Sect _Twenty Odd Years: The Story Of Vic Godard & The Subway Sect_
"Split" The Rev Dr Howard Gently _SHR: February 28, 2014_
"This Is A Test" Wendy James _Now Ain't The Time For Your Tears_
"Test" The Rev Dr Howard Gently _SHR: March 3, 2014_
"Summer's Melting My Mind" The Go-Betweens _78 'Til 79: The Lost Album_
"Melting" The Rev Dr Howard Gently _SHR: March 14, 2014_

"Breathless" X _More Fun In The New World_
"Breath" The Rev Dr Howard Gently _SHR: April 11, 2014_
"Watch Her Disappear" Tom Waits _Alice_
"Disappear" The Rev Dr Howard Gently _SHR: May 1, 2014_
"You Just Can't Push Me (demo)" The Cars _The Cars_
"Push" The Rev Dr Howard Gently _SHR: May 16, 2014_

"Sunny Afternoon" The Kinks _Face To Face_
"Afternoons" The Rev Dr Howard Gently _SHR: May 30, 2014_
"Needles In The Camel's" Brian Eno _Here Come The Warm Jets_
"Needles" The Rev Dr Howard Gently _SHR: June 6, 2014_
"The Devil Ain't Lazy" Bob Wills & His Texas Playboys _San Antonio Rose_
"Laziness" The Rev Dr Howard Gently _SHR: June 13, 2014_

"Lemon & Lime" Herman's Hermits _Mrs. Brown, You've Got A Lovely Daughter_
"Limes" The Rev Dr Howard Gently _SHR: July 4, 2014_
"Seven African Powers" Russell Miles _Six Tunes By "Russ"_
"Candles" The Rev Dr Howard Gently _SHR: July 18, 2014_

No comments: