Monday, August 07, 2023

Sir Archibald Von Poesy Redux


This is something I never do so I thought I'd do it so I couldn't say I never do it instead I can say I rarely do it. Which is this: share the dumb poetry I write & "perform" as Sir Archibald Von Poesy.

Poesy is a dumb character with a fake English accent that occasionally shares his verse with Self Help Radio. His work inevitably has the rhyme scheme AAAAAAA - however long the poem is - basically every line rhymes. It's very stupid & shabbily performed & it's something that I have great fun writing.

So without further ado - this is the poem "Tongue" which appeared on last week's show:

A bee alit upon my tongue
It seemed so pretty & so young
Interrupting the song I sung
As to a nearby branch I clung
Yes from a tree it's true I hung
Like from a ladder with one rung
From the ground I up there sprung
From branch to branch I swung & swung
From each moment of life I wrung
Experience inhaled into my lungs
My thoughts expansive & far-flung
My world an instrument to be strung
But in the middle of this song I song
A bee landed quietly on my tongue
& now my tongue, it is beestung.

This is how I wrote it - I sometimes change it slightly when reading. But you get the idea.

Ought I share more of Poesy's verse? No, I ought not.

No comments: