Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Halloween Thoughts


It's Halloween night, I am beat, it's been a while since kids came to trick & treat. Guess it's nearly over.

What I did for Halloween is made three radio shows - Self Help Radio's was new, it was about ghost towns (not so scary); the Dickenbock Report was a kind of repeat from a show I did about nightmares ten years ago; & Corporate Standardized Programming was three hours of Halloween songs. I'd share them but Halloween is nearly over.

Also I bought some candy & my wife bought some Halloween bags & I put the candy in the bags & I sat in front of my house & handed them out tonight. I had thirty-six bags to give & have fourteen left. We didn't get a lot of kids. I think it might be because I didn't use the Next Door dot com "treat map." I'm always a little leery of interacting with that app.

In case you're wondering, no, I didn't dress up. I'm not a dressing up kind of guy. I don't think I've dressed up for Halloween since I was a kid. At least nothing elaborate. The kids were very cute tonight. A lot of Harry Potter. One kid, probably in middle school, was dressed as Jason from Friday The 13th. I said, "Take a bag but don't kill me!" He laughed at this.

Here's something I don't think I've seen before: parents following their kids while holding glasses of wine. It's a Portland thing I guess.

Kinda glad the holiday is over. People around her sure love it though. I need to work on another radio show!

No comments: