Friday, January 19, 2024

Self Help Radio 011824: 1988

(images all from Discogs)

Here it is, a selection of some of my favorite music from 1988. Actually it's a selection of some of my favorite music of all time. It was just in my opinion that good.

& yeah I left a lot out. That's why I return to the theme in six months. I might also need an extra show for hip hop from 1988. But maybe I'll do that elsewhere. I do have three radio shows!

Listen now or anything at selfhelpradio.net. Use the username SHR & the password selfhelp to access the file. I do a little reminiscing on the show but it's mainly music. What I play is below.

Happy birthday to me!

Self Help Radio 1988 Show
"In These Times" The Fall _The Frenz Experiment_
"Gigantic" Pixies _Surfer Rosa_
"I'm Your Man" Leonard Cohen _I'm Your Man_

"Hairdresser On Fire" Morrissey _Suedehead_
"Streets Of Your Town" The Go-Betweens _16 Lovers Lane_
"The Short Answer" Billy Bragg _Workers' Playtime_
"A Complete History Of Sexual Jealousy (Parts 17-24)" Momus _Tender Pervert_

"Crash" The Primitives _Lovely_
"Juno" Throwing Muses _House Tornado_
"Deus" Sugarcubes _Life's Too Good_
"You Don't Love Me Yet" Bongwater _You Don't Love Me Yet_

"Blind" Talking Heads _Naked_
"Deanna" Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds _Tender Prey_
"2541" Grant Hart _2541_
"Athol-Brose" Cocteau Twins _Blue Bell Knoll_

"Nobody's Twisting Your Arm" The Wedding Present _Nobody's Twisting Your Arm_
"The Girl With The Strawberry Hair" Talulah Gosh _Bringing Up Baby_
"What Is There To Smile About?" The Close Lobsters _What Is There To Smile About?_
"Molly's Lips" The Vaselines _Dying For It_
"Elephant Stone" The Stone Roses _Elephant Stone_

"Sidewalking" The Jesus & Mary Chain _Sidewalking_
"You Made Me Realise" My Bloody Valentine _You Made Me Realise EP_
"The Boy Who Sees Everything" The Sun & The Moon _Peace In Our Time_
"All That Money Wants" The Psychedelic Furs _All That Money Wants_

"Kurious Oranj" The Fall _I Am Kurious Oranj_
"We Have The Technology" Pere Ubu _The Tenement Year_

No comments: