Friday, March 29, 2024

Pandemic Daze


It is in human nature I think to repress or try to repress terrible memories of terrible times. Here's a photo taken three years ago of closed-up KBOO. I think I was able to start doing shows live there in the summer but at the time I drove by it didn't feel like that was a possibility for a while. & when I did shows live there - from the summer of 2021 to the spring of 2023 - I was always masked. Having returned this week, I noted it was maybe only the third or fourth time I'd been unmasked in the station since the pandemic began.

This is my way to remember how awful it was to have a radio station closed up like that - to have a town closed up - a nation & world closed up. I know covid is still a thing & people are not only getting sick still but dealing with the long-term effects of getting it in the first place. But a lot of folks are acting like it never happened - & that's a bit maddening.

No comments: