Friday, July 27, 2012

Oh nos!

Well, don't I feel a little like an idiot.  Let me tell you, as often as that happens, it never feels great.  Ever.

Do you remember a few days back when I went on & on about my 1400th post?  No?  Well, anyway, funny story.  I was relying upon the numbers in Blogger, which say things like, "1397 posts, last published [date], etc."  It told me that I had 1400 posts.  It did!  I swear.

Then I noticed something yesterday - for whatever reason, I had seven "drafts" on the posts page.  Looking at them, they weren't what you'd call drafts - most were from before 2009, & most looked like blog entries that I just titled & didn't write anything in - you know, I thought I had something to say but then thought better of it.

Well! said I.  I shall delete these weird drafts as they make absolutely no sense!

But.  Then.  Oh no!  My total blog count went down by seven.  The stupid blog was counting the drafts as well as the published blog posts!  Therefore - the 1400th post hasn't happened yet.  What a fool!  What a maroon!  What an idiot!

I should've known there was a reason my count was always off.  Well, another reason besides the obvious one: "user error."

The good news is, there'll be a 1400th post soon!  For you to ignore!  Again!

No comments: